Tuesday, April 29, 2008

dReAm 2 rEaLiTy !!

Dreams are necessary to life.
- Anais Nin



My Dad used to cajole me during supper time in childhood days that he would take me to MOON one day, though it might become a reality in the future, as now a days - MOON is open for a weekend trips - LOL :). I dreamt of travelling in flight with my parent's in the side during my childhood days and I got an opportunity to make this dream a reality this year in March, and I did make use of it fully!!



My Dad and Mom started from the land of Filter Coffee to Paradise Island - Did you get it ?? Ok Ok, Chennai to Singapore - I say !! Then we - A gang of 7( went to KL in Toyota Wish to catch a flight to Langkawi to enjoy the first few days of our dream trip to reality in Langkawi - Full of beaches. A mountaineous resort with a good pool view from top was awaiting with a massage centre, sona bath, a gym, scenic view from the room along with wonderful service at our door steps. Same evening after a good landing we all went to the nearest beach ending with a INDIAN dinner(U get it every where in Malaysia).


Second day we went for Island hopping in a boat to 3 islands - Mangroove Islands, Eagle Feeding Island, then a scenic beautiful lush green island. Same day we went to DON/BILLA fame bridge in Langkawi to get a bird's eye view of Langkawi from the cable car and bridge on top - It was lovely experience !! It was drizzling all the way on the top giving a serene touch. Once the rain stooped the whole mountain was glitterring cos of the dews and sun rays !!

3rd day we started off from our resort to catch our flight back to KL, as our fortune struck us with multiple horns we missed our flight to KL, even when we reached 30 minutes b4 the flight take off - Rules U C - Its not INDIA !! We payed our penalties to catch KL flight to fly to KLCC. As luck was on my side the group headed straight to Sepang Malaysia to watch the F1 Malaysia 2008, and I got the Grand Stand ticket for 500 RMB total !! I never thought in my life I will get a chance to see that from grand stand !! It was a good treat for a bad morning !! Then we headed to KL to catch a glimpse of Petronas Tower and KL City to grab the dinner to end a perfect trip in Malaysia.

Next week was spend with my parent's in Singapore. We went to Sentosa & Vivo city, Raffles, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Sun Tech (My Ex - Office), Esplanade, Little India, and in the mean time they even went to an Janarthanam - an Indian friend's home. It was a great trip which has fulfilled my childhood dreams. Dad I promise that I will fulfill your other wishes when you are coming abroad next time !!

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
- Anatole France

5 comments:

vijai prasad said...

Hi Bro,

Fantabulous narration,As i told early you are lucky bro as you got the first chance to take our parents on board & that too make them visit hot spots of the world,Hope i will also get the chance,I like your way of expressions
for eg-Island hopping,fortune struck us with multiple horns
Good bro,every time you try to bring new energy,I sincerely wish & pray that all your dreams turn into reality,Keep going

Vinod said...

Bro as u Im lucky to get them to see the world first , and I know u will do the honors soon !! Waiting for the ticket bro !! Thx for the comments on my narration !!

Unknown said...

Vinod this is indeed a proud moment for you and your parents, and i am sure your parents will be mightly happy. way to go.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vinod,

its me shankar da, ur schoolmate. enjoyed reading ur little article. its abt the same time i brought my parents to singapore and took them on a cruise. i hope u remember, i called u tht time. my comments, these are the moments tht we cheerish in life and long be remembered. gud going.

Vinod said...

Yes Vicky it was a proud moment for me as their son !! S way 2 go .....

Sankar - I do remember that da...u 2 did ur parents proud man !! Will love to see you more in the blog.