Photo By - Invisible China
A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint.... What I began by reading, I must finish by acting. ~Henry David Thoreau
A post on books - a long pending one in my blog. Yes I have very recently inculcated this habit of reading books, tho' my mom has stressed this from my childhood. Mom for your relentless try - I have picked the books in my hands " On My Own" without any compulsion from any exams, marks or staffs. Yes atlast I'm realising the value of books and they are becoming my part of lifestyle. Some of the experiences which I have gone through in life is already written by someone who has written it in a way I have experinced - What a feeling to rejoice the moments when we read those kind of lines ? And some of the books are real eye opener for reasons which we experience only when WE READ !!! Yes I thank myself for having picked up this habit offlate. Some of my recent reads are as below,
1) Go Getter - Peter B Hyne - A must read book for any person.
2) Monk Who sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma - A lovely narration of Life.
3) Wings Of Fire - APJ. Abdul Kalam - Man of Positives.
4) Straight From the Gut - Jack Welch - A life lived and breathed in G.E.
5) More Than a Hobby - David Green - About a retail chain - HOBBY LOBBY.
6) Execution - Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan - As name suggests its all about execution of plans.
7) FedX - Ram Charan - About FedEx
8) 7 Day Weekend - Ricardo Semler - A Company like this in the world - I wud like to work !!
9) Road Less Traveled - Scott - i felt it as dry book.
10) Power Of Now - Current Read - Just started .....