Saturday, June 30, 2007

Books !!!


Photo By - Invisible China

A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint.... What I began by reading, I must finish by acting. ~Henry David Thoreau

A post on books - a long pending one in my blog. Yes I have very recently inculcated this habit of reading books, tho' my mom has stressed this from my childhood. Mom for your relentless try - I have picked the books in my hands " On My Own" without any compulsion from any exams, marks or staffs. Yes atlast I'm realising the value of books and they are becoming my part of lifestyle. Some of the experiences which I have gone through in life is already written by someone who has written it in a way I have experinced - What a feeling to rejoice the moments when we read those kind of lines ? And some of the books are real eye opener for reasons which we experience only when WE READ !!! Yes I thank myself for having picked up this habit offlate. Some of my recent reads are as below,

1) Go Getter - Peter B Hyne - A must read book for any person.
2) Monk Who sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma - A lovely narration of Life.
3) Wings Of Fire - APJ. Abdul Kalam - Man of Positives.
4) Straight From the Gut - Jack Welch - A life lived and breathed in G.E.
5) More Than a Hobby - David Green - About a retail chain - HOBBY LOBBY.
6) Execution - Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan - As name suggests its all about execution of plans.
7) FedX - Ram Charan - About FedEx
8) 7 Day Weekend - Ricardo Semler - A Company like this in the world - I wud like to work !!
9) Road Less Traveled - Scott - i felt it as dry book.
10) Power Of Now - Current Read - Just started .....

4 comments:

Thilaka said...

Hi vinod...

Hey really.. The book you mentioned 'The monk who sold ...', i aslo got a chance to read a book by the same person..but the book name is 'who will cry when you die'... all simple and practical lessions of life..really good.. whenever we feel upset or to be alone, u can take that book as your companion at that time and u will get refeshed in few pages..
Making books as your friends is really a good habit.. not only to be happy but also to overcome your sorrows..

Best Regards
Thilaka

Unknown said...

Hi Vinod!!!!!!
I have just into your silver jubilee . Have read only the first part about ur Dad will continue tomorrow. Wish U A very Happy BirthDay . Wish it celebrates ur 100th B'day also with even more prosperity and if not me my daughter coud read ,enjoy and gain.
Hema

Unknown said...

Hi Vinod!
Wish U a very happy B'day. Have just entered ur spot . It'll take time to read it fully .started with ur words about ur dad . very nice. I'll continue further tmrw. Wish u celebrate ur 100th b'day also with same enthu and even more and if not me my daughter cud read ,enjoy and gain out of it.

Vinod said...

Mam , Thanks for ur wishes and u can comment on the latest post, and FYI - This space is called as BLOG , BLOGSPOT is name of the blog founded by Google. Keep visiting and tell ur review often.

Thila - Yes indeed u r tru