Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lunch Box @ Esplanade

The Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay is a waterside building located on six hectares of prime waterfront land alongside Marina Bay near the mouth of the Singapore River, purposely-built to be the centre for performing arts for the island nation of Singapore. It contains a 1,600 seat concert hall and a 2,000 seat theatre for the performing arts. First time in my life I happened to view a Live performance of an upcoming band - HYBRID - thru' " Lunch Box @ Esplanade" - A special program where Esplanade allows budding talents in Singapore to come and perform b4 a huge gathering on every last tuesday of a month. I'm glad Singaporeans are good @ spotting & recognising the talents, which most other countries fail to do.(I wud say size of this small Island Nation is helping them in many ways)
Lau Pa Sat - Built in 1894, Lau Pa Sat is the largest remaining Victorian filigree cast-iron structure in Southeast Asia. Located in the heart of Singapore's business district, the former wet market has been restored and is now a favourite food centre of the locals, offering a wide and affordable variety of local foods. I did eat few of the best - Satay Chicken, Tom Yam Soup, Sting Fish and Octopus , it was 2 good to be tasted - Courtesy Mr. Maran(A Singaporean entrepreneur in Security system) . For a novice like me it was an eye opener to the local food & I had a galla night, with my new find humorous & witty friends - Mutharasu, Maran , Siva & Padmini

1 comment:

Iday said...

dude...
the name is Iday and not I Day.