Monday, March 17, 2008

gReAt W@LL oF cHiN@

When the world says,
"Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
A sports person I can closely relate to the above quote is our own "Mr.Wall". I started admiring this person for his simple charismatic resolute nature with a will power made of Iron !! Everyone said he was a splendid "Test Batsmen" but not a good one day batsmen and it was reflected in the selection comittee's decision - "Dropped" in his early stint in oneday squad. Not many gave a thought that he would come back to change the average of his oneday career from a paltry one to a notable figures -Its cos he "Tried" consistently to - outdo himself !! He did achieve that and more beyond to get a name he alone in INDIAN team can hold among his mates. I rate him higher than the World's Best's cos he delivered when INDIA needed the most and in dire situations. Singapore has given me to touch the F1 Car some time back and now it has given me the opportunity to meet my idol in cricket - Yes I happened to meet the one and only Mr.Dravid with his wife and Jr !! What a moment it was for me to speak to him and get his auotgraph on the bill !! Wow I still relive the moment and it will linger now and then for years to come.

2 comments:

vijai prasad said...

You were really lucky enough bro to meet a such a great personality like dravid,You know one more thing which i like in him is his cool temperament & focussed approach,these qualities distinguish him from the lot,It can also be applicable to us,If we also adopt those qualities, we can also emerge as a unique person

Vinod said...

Yes bro u r absolutely rt...and a person with all these qualities is b'coming a legend !! We will try to b ther !